Tips for eye care
Diabetes can affect your eyes and vision. Here are some tips to help prevent any possible issues:
- Monitor your blood glucose level and keep it as near normal as safely possible.
- Work with your doctor to bring your blood pressure under control.
- Stop smoking.
- Get regular eye tests at least once a year, even if your vision seems okay.
- See an eye care professional if you experience any of the following
- Blurred or double vision, or any vision changes
- Trouble reading signs or books
- Pain or pressure in one or both of eyes
- Eye redness that doesn’t go away
- Seeing dark or moving spots, rings around lights or flashing lights
- Inability to see things on your side (loss of peripheral vision)